News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

Main Menu

Abnormal Result

Started by ailam, June 16, 2010, 06:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ailam

According to the the Table 1: SLAMM inputs based on IPCC, 2001 in the SLAMM Technical Documentation pg. 8, it indicates that eustatic SLR should increase gradually every 25 years. I ran the model using A1B, A1F1, A2, and B1 SLR scenarios and Max estimates for 2025, 2050, 2075, and 2100. I found there was an increase of SLR from the initial condition to 2025, but the condition remains the same from 2025 to 2050, 2050 to 2075, and 2075 to 2100. However, when I ran the model using 2 meter SLR option, I see a significant change in SLR in every 25 years.

Is there something that I need to do different when running the model using the SLR scenarios described above?

Thanks,
AiLam

Jonathan S. Clough

No, that's strange... I've never seen that behavior before.  Can you send me the CSVs that show the lack of SLR increase?  Then I'll look into it.  -- Jonathan

Jonathan S. Clough

This problem was caused by the NWI photo date being set to zero.  The NWI photo date is a critical model parameter as it represents the starting point for the simulation.  (The model was confused and was imposing 2025 years of SLR by 2025...) 

FYI, in the CSV the "SLR (eustatic)" column has units of "meters since the start of the simulation."  The SLR scenarios utilized represent estimated SLR from 1990 to 2100.  Therefore if your NWI photo date is 1990 then the two meter scenario will impose precisely 2 meters of SLR by 2100.  If it's after 1990 it will be somewhat less and if it's before 1990 it will be somewhat more.

-- Jonathan