News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

Main Menu

changes in wetlands categories

Started by azarcos, June 25, 2020, 09:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azarcos

Hi
I am modelling the initial conditions for time-zero and I found some issues in the wetland's conversion. My initial land cover (based on Lidar data) starts with the categories: Dry land >> Transitional >> Irregularly flooded >> Regularly flooded >> tidal flat. I assumed a scenario of protection for all dry land.

The final land cover (after time-zero) ends with the categories: Dry land >> Transitional >> Irregularly flooded >> Regularly flooded >> tidal flat >> Estuarine Open Water.
I have a very significant loss of the transitional marsh and a significant gain in estuarine open water category. There are almost no changes in the Regularly flooded and Irregularly flooded categories.
According to the manual changes in the transitional marsh should be expected "when it falls below its lower elevation boundary, this category generally converts to "Regularly-Flooded Marsh. (...)"
Any idea about what is happening with to the transitional marsh and Estuarine Open Water?
Thanks

cheers