News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

Main Menu

category error

Started by Mary, September 03, 2016, 10:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary

Hello,
I am using the version of SLAMM 6.7 to study the Yellow River Delta in China. When I run "set map attributes", I found that the "open ocean" category turned into "riverine tidal", and the "riverine tidal" category turned into "cypress swamp".  Also, I have another category file which is of a different year, and when I use this, I found the "open ocean" category turned into "ocean beach" category. I don't understand why this happens. I have to note that, the date of the first category file is the year of 2015, the second is 2000, and my DEM file is 2009. In case of the inaccuracy, I have opened the pre-processor. Could anyone give me any ideas?
Thanks.

Mary

I have solved this problem. I fogot to set the mark of every category. And this led to my category mark numbers followed a wrong order.

Jonathan S. Clough

Mary-- thanks so much for the follow-up.  We have been chasing deadlines here in Vermont so I just had a chance to come in today to answer and was happy to see that it had been resolved.

One of the tests that we performed for SLAMM 6.7 was to reproduce results from previous versions after a fairly major rewrite to the core procedures (to allow categories to be flexible and add a new California category set).   While there may still be some glitches, I am hopeful that the new version is fairly stable at this point.  The code re-write should allow us to bring the capability to edit category types and the "succession flow chart" in the near future.

Please let us know if you have further questions and my apologies about the delay in responding.

Mary

Thank you so much Jonathan. You're so kind. I do have some questions, for example, it seems no difference between my dike scenario and nodike scenario. But right now, I will first focus on examinating my data, and go further debugging. Because maybe it's my negligence again like before. Thank you so much for your concern, and I am looking forward for the further update and the "succession flow chart", sounds great. Good luck.