News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

Main Menu

variable tide range

Started by Nava, June 30, 2014, 09:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nava

In running SLAMM for the Hudson River (a long estuary), we have a variety of tide ranges along the river. Is specifying subsites the best way to deal with this variation (or can SLAMM use some file with tide information for the entire estuary to process this automatically)?
Thanks!

Amy Polaczyk

Hi Nava,

Yes, the best way to specify the variation in tide range is to insert individual subsites.

Best regards,
Amy

Nava

Nava

As a followup, can subsites and their boundaries only be defined in the Set Map Attributes section (not by importing a polygon data set), and after SLAMM has first run the simulation without subsites? I only see the map, on which I can draw the polygons, after I've run the simulation without subsites.
Thanks.

Amy Polaczyk

Currently input subsites can only be specified in the Map Attributes view; However, it is not necessary to run the simulation before adding input subsites. Our standard approach is to add all the necessary subsites before running the model calibration steps (elevation analysis, time zero, etc...).

Cheers,
Amy

Nava

That's what I would like to do also, but I don't see a map (and the Define Boundary button doesn't function) unless I run the simulation. What am I missing?
Thanks for your help!

Amy Polaczyk

The procedure (which should be described in the Users Manual) to add input subsites is to click 'add subsite' then click 'define boundary'. At that point you can define your subsite polygon. 

Nava

It seems the problem I was having with seeing the map (and thus being able to draw my subsites) was just due to the zoom- when I played with that a bit I could see my map. Thought I'd post that in case someone else finds it useful. Thanks.

Amy Polaczyk

Glad you got it sorted out!

Cheers,
Amy