August 24, 2019, 12:36:41 PM

News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

MTL parameter for station in Hong Kong

Started by felipe.costa@wwf.de, August 14, 2019, 09:04:18 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

felipe.costa@wwf.de

August 14, 2019, 09:04:18 AM Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 11:24:31 AM by felipe.costa@wwf.de
Hello,

I have been struggling to understand how to use the parameter MTL - NAVD88 and would like to check whether my assumptions are correct :)

I believe that since my topgraphic data (DEM) is not projected into any vertical datum, it would be enough to use a factor that would correct the DEM in terms of MTL, right?

If this is right, I would need to factor of correction which accounts for the Tide Mean Level minus the Local Datum level, right?

The station I am considering as input is the Tsim Bei Tsui (ID=1366), which provides the following diagram:
https://www.psmsl.org/data/obtaining/rlr.diagrams/1366.php ; (diagram attached to the message too).
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Is it correct that I should apply the paremeter as" MSL (2001-12) minus Local datum"? In this case, based on the diagram, I would have to use it equals 1.46m.

Can anyone please help me?

Best,
Felipe

Go Up