News:

Due to SPAM attacks, new members must be approved before posting.  Please email jclough@warrenpinnacle.com when registering and your account will be approved.

Main Menu

Differences between Include Dikes option

Started by maryramirez, November 07, 2017, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryramirez

I am running SLAMM without a dikes raster layer. When I check 'include dikes' on the execute screen, the results for Time 0 are very different than when I don't check 'include dikes'. Checking 'include dikes' results in a T=0 that is nearly identical to initial conditions, which is good (not the case when 'include dikes' is not checked). However, I don't see certain conversions that I would expect over time and that do occur when 'dikes' are not checked (specifically reg. flooded marsh converting to tidal flat). Neither run actually includes a dike layer, so I'm wondering what is causing the difference. Thanks!

Jonathan S. Clough

If you do not have a dike file specified, the results should be identical.  Please let me know which version you are using and I'll run a test and ensure there is not a software bug causing this problem.

maryramirez

Using the most recent version available (SLAMM 6.7 beta).

Jonathan S. Clough

I ran multiple tests and, for my study files, when there is no dike input raster map, the maps produced have been identical whether "use dikes" is checked or not.  Are you willing to share your input files so that I can look into this further?   Regards -- Jonathan